What is a Postcard Verification?
A postcard verification is a process used by some local listing websites to validate your business location by sending a postcard in the mail with a pin number. Once you receive this pin number you will then send this number to your Qiigo Account Manager. Your listing becomes validated when the pin number is entered for the listing by Qiigo.
Why are Postcard Verifications Necessary?
For Google, not completing a postcard verification can impact the rankings of your listing. Postcard verifications allows local listing websites to validate that your listing represents a real business and serves as a layer of protection for your business information.
How do Postcard Verifications Work?
- When we’re ready to perform a postcard verification, we will send you an email notification that a postcard has been submitted and inform you which listing the postcard is for.
- Please keep an eye out for this postcard over the next 7 to 10 business days. Postcards from listing providers can sometimes be mistaken for an advertisement and thrown away. If this happens Qiigo will have to resubmit the postcard.
- If you have another team member that checks the mail, please ask them to be on a lookout for the postcard.
Didn’t Get the Postcard? Accidentally Threw Out the Postcard?
If several weeks have passed and you have not received your postcard in the mail, then we ask that you do the following:
- Reach out to your account manager to review the business address.
- Qiigo will naturally resubmit the postcard after a significant period of time.
- After a postcard is re-submitted, please be patient for 7 to 10 business days to receive the postcard before requesting another submission. If Qiigo resubmits the postcard early, then only the most recently submitted postcard will be valid. If you later receive a previous postcard submission in the mail, it will not be able to be used to validate your listing.